Pirate's Beer Run! - A 0.5k Run For Cancer

Pirate's Beer Run! - A 0.5k Run For Cancer

Jul 9, 2022 - Jul 6, 2024

past date

Race Distance



Course Type

Out & Back

Event Details

July 5th Update: Who's excited for just a tiny bit of exercise tomorrow? Forecasts are currently predicting a 40-55% chance of showers, which we prefer to think of as 60-45% chance of No Rain! There is room inside Hop and in the large tents out back to hang out before the "run". If there is enough rain that you prefer to skip the trail and just come for your swag, donut, & beer we will be on-site until 1pm so you are welcome to come anytime from 10am-1pm if you want to do that.


The "run" will still be at 11am, and we'll leave our infamous "Mile Marker" signs out on the trail until 12 for any late arrivals. Oz'NBones BBQ will be serving up their amazing BBQ starting at 12pm and musician Chris Marra will be performing from 3-6pm. *Our 150 tickets are sold out, registered participants only please for the run. Hop Culture opens to the public at 12pm.*


A Run For Underachievers.
A Couch Potato Fun Run.
A Run For The Rest Of Us.


It goes by many names, and now you can take part in one, if you snag one of the 150 entry slots before they are gone! This 0.5K "Run" (Yes, really 0.5K = 1/3 Mile = 546 Yards = 1640 Feet) will only take you about 7 minutes to complete if you walk it, and then you get rewarded with a beer and a donut!


How great is that? Not to mention the best part - the proceeds go to help fight cancer! We are the "Pirates of the Cure-ibbean" team with the Relay For Life of Southeastern CT. The money we raise at this event will go to our 2024 Relay For Life event, which is part of the American Cancer Society.


We have a Youth Package option available! When you register as both an on-site or virtual participant, you can add your kids! The Youth Package is $20 and includes a t-shirt, a 0.5K sticker, and a donut. *This is an addon option and appears after you select your participant shirt size* (Shirt sizes go up to Adult XL for this option, so you could also bring a non-drinking adult with this same option.)


Please Note:
- This is not a timed "run", the course is a dirt road and rocky in some areas so walk/jog only is recommended. Plus it's only 0.5K and we won't run out of donuts!
- Want to participate but not do the 0.5K part up the trail? No problem, you can hang out and eat your donut while waiting for everyone to get back! (It's so short they won't be gone long!)


10:00-11:00 AM - Arrival & Check In
11:00 AM - Run/Walk Starts!
11:15 AM - All Done, Time For Beer & Donuts!
12:00 PM - Hop Culture Opens to the public

But wait, there's more! What's a fun run without SWAG?
Besides the beer and donuts, you will also receive:
- Limited edition official "2024 Pirate's Beer Run" t-shirt. Wear it proudly to show how hard you worked at this event, displaying not only our logo on the front, but all of our sponsors on the back!
- Limited edition official "2024 Pirate's Beer Run" pint glass! Every time you drink a beer or anything else from this glass, you will remember the fun times you had with us. Emblazoned with our logo of course.
- Not so limited-edition official "0.5K Pirate's Beer Run" euro-style oval sticker. Stick to your car or anywhere to show your superiority over others.
- Optional Addons: Dog Bandana & Spent Grain Dog Treat, Extra 2024 Pint Glass, Extra 0.5K Stickers.

You mentioned beer? Yes! Through our partnership with Hop Culture Farms & Brew Co you will receive a pour of one of their amazing craft beers. They are also hosting this event for us, so you will "run" (or walk, skip, whatever you prefer) around their property for the 0.5K, ending just steps away from their tasting room. With a variety of styles on tap at all times there is surely something you will love. Present your Beer Ticket (to be found in your pint glass) at the bar in the tasting room for your beer. Note: Not all beers may be available with the beer ticket.

What about that donut? We are still working on arranging our 2024 Donut Partner, so we don't yet know where your after-run donut will be from! After the "run" you may pick up your donut at our Donut Tent. (Which will look exactly like our check-in tent.)

About Hop Culture: A family-friendly brewery featuring community tables, outdoor seating, and a diverse selection of cold beers on tap, Hop Culture Farms is a welcoming place for all to enjoy some of the best craft ingredients Connecticut has to offer. In honor of beer's agricultural roots and our amazing growers, we like to say that "great beer grows here." Our family-owned hop farm and brewery is unique and we take pride in being able to share our story and tell the history of our farm.

About Relay For Life: The Relay For Life events are the world’s largest peer-to-peer fundraising event dedicated to saving lives from cancer. For over 35 years, communities across the world have come together to honor and remember loved ones and take action for lifesaving change. Funds raised through Relay For Life directly support breakthrough research, 24/7 support for cancer patients, access o lifesaving screenings, and much more. 

Thank you for joining us!
Rich Arsenault & Kelly Whipple
Team Pirates of the Cure-ibbean

View Map
Pirate's Beer Run! - A 0.5k Run For Cancer

Colchester, CT, USA

Price starting at:


Countdown to Event Day